Want To Own An Alaskan Fishing Lodge? This One’s For Sale (Updated)
Bristol Bay Lodge, one of the region’s famed fishing resorts, is now listed on the market for $9.5 million. It’s one of two lodges owned by Brian Kraft – the other being Alaska Sportsman’s Lodge on the Kvichak River. Update: In an email, Kraft told us he’ll still be running Alaska Sportsman’s Lodge and decided it was time to put Bristol Bay Lodge up for sale.
Here’s the listing on Bristol Bay Lodge from realtor Hall and Hall:
$9,500,000 DILLINGHAM, AK. 165± DEEDED ACRES
Located in the heart of Alaska’s Bristol Bay Watershed, Bristol Bay Lodge offers a profitable, efficient, turn-key, internationally renowned operation far removed from the crowds of the state’s more populated fishing waters. Cradled on the shores of Aleknagik on the edge of Wood-Tikchick State Park, the main lodge offers a base of operations for access to some of Alaska’s best freshwater sportfishing. Accommodating up to 29 guests, the complex offers a variety of lodging options, from double occupancy rooms within the main lodge to four stand-alone cabins and housing for up to 24 employees. Guests are treated to world-class cuisine and ambiance from the newly remodeled commercial kitchen and great room in a setting that rivals the most scenic locales on the planet.
Operationally, this Orvis® Endorsed Fly Fishing Lodge is known for its fly-out program, positioning anglers on some of the region’s most productive lakes and rivers on three included DeHavilland Beaver aircraft. In addition to day trips, there are two comfortable and fully equipped overnight camps with facilities for six guests, a cook, and fishing guides. Rainbo camp sits adjacent to an additional 160± acre deeded inholding within the Togiak National Wildlife Refuge near the shores of Bristol Bay. In addition to the overnight camps, there are two additional day camps on the Togiak River. These remote camps provide a multi-dimensional experience for guests wanting to more completely immerse themselves in Alaska’s wild spaces.
Bristol Bay Lodge is a truly unique opportunity offered complete with top-shelf fishing gear, boats, aircraft, and everything else an operator would need to continue the legacy built on 50 years of hosting guests resulting in some of the most memorable experiences of their lives.
JUST THE FACTS
- 50-year track record offering a world-class sportfishing destination in the heart of Alaska’s Bristol Bay Watershed on the shore of Lake Aleknagik
- Turn-key, profitable and efficient, fully booked out one year in advance
- Facilities for up to 29 guests; 9 lodge rooms with private baths and 4 stand-alone cabins on 5± deeded acres
- Accommodations for 24 staff, including guides, cooks, housekeeping, and pilots
- Newly remodeled main lodge and commercial kitchen
- Commercial Air Service into Dillingham, AK, roughly 31 air miles to the southeast with access to the lodge via paved road followed by a 30-minute boat ride
- Fully outfitted with boats and fishing gear
- Three exceptionally maintained DeHavilland Beaver float-equipped aircraft
- Multiple Backcountry Fly-In Camps with guest and staff facilities