The following is courtesy of the Alaska Board of Game:
Deadline Approaches for Joint Board Proposals Concerning Fish and Game Advisory Committees, Processes for Adopting Regulations, and Subsistence Uses
The Joint Board of Fisheries and Game reminds Alaskans that the May 1 deadline is fast approaching for submitting proposed regulation changes pertaining to local fish and game advisory committees, the processes for adopting regulations by the Board of Fisheries and the Board of Game, and subsistence uses. Regulations open on the call for proposal submission are 5 AAC Chapters 96, 97 and 99 which includes the following topics:
- Establishment and distribution of local fish and game advisory committees
- Advisory committee membership make-up and qualifications
- Uniform rules of operation for advisory committee meetings
- Advisory committee areas of jurisdiction for emergency closures
- Procedures for developing fish and game regulations
- Emergency petition and subsistence proposal policies
- Boards of Fisheries and Game subsistence procedures.
- Joint Board nonsubsistence areas*.
Proposals received by the May 1 deadline will be considered by the joint board at its meeting scheduled for March 25–29, 2024 in Anchorage. *Proposals related to nonsubsistence areas must address information related to at least one of the 12 socioeconomic characteristics as specified on the Call for Proposals.
Proposals may be submitted online or by mail or fax at:
Mail: ADF&G, Boards Support Section
P.O. Box 115526
Juneau, AK 99811-5526
Fax: (907) 465-6094
Proposals must be received by Monday, May 1, 2023 at the Boards Support Section office in Juneau.A postmark is NOT sufficient for timely receipt. The online submission portal will close automatically at 11:59 p.m. on May 1.
The Call for Proposals, proposal forms, and the joint board’s meeting schedule are available online at www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=process.jointboard or at any Boards Support office.
Completed proposal forms must contain a contact telephone number and address. Email addresses are appreciated. Please print or type the individual’s or organization’s name as appropriate.
For further information, contact the Boards Support Section at 465-4110, or ADF&G Boards Support regional offices.