Anchorage, Alaska Bed and Breakfast
We enjoy providing our guests with a “taste” of Alaska with our
food, surroundings, and “Old Fashioned Alaskan Hospitality”.
- Big Bear Bed and Breakfast is open year around. Smoking, pet & fragrance free.
- Varied breakfast menus feature Alaskan products & wild berry specialties. Menus differ for on return visits. Special diets accommodated from Carol who is a life long Alaskan resident and retired home economics teacher.
- A great overnight bed and breakfast to and from your long Alaskan hunting and fishing trips.
- Off street parking, cable TV/DVD/VCR, WIFI and freezer space available.
- Two miles from downtown Anchorage and train depot, nine miles from Anchorage International Airport and 1/2 mile from Highway #1. Near Alaska Native Heritage Center, neighborhood restaurants and shopping. We are located near J-Bear (Joint Base Elmendorf–Richardson).
- VISA, Mastercard, Discover credit cards and personal checks accepted.
Anchorage Bed and Breakfast Rooms & Rates
The Guest Living Room
This comfortable room is tastefully decorated with Alaskan art, Native craft
s, an impressive Polar Bear rug and antique furniture. Also provided, guest telephone, cable TV, Alaska library of VHS & DVD’s, small refrigerator & a microwave for guest use. Microwave popcorn and a variety of coffees, hot chocolates and teas are available. Many brochures and regional vacation planning magazines are available for reference when planning your sightseeing excursions and adventures.
The Glacier Room
The Glacier Room is bathed in cool blue featuring a polar bear motif. It has a queen-sized pillow top bed and a private in-room bath with shower for a great accommodation for one or two! $125.00 double occupancy, $115.00 for single.
The Toklat Room
Named for Denali Grizzlies with yellow on their shoulders and back, this room has 2 twin beds with a full private bathroom with tub/shower area separated by sliding door for privacy. $125.00 double occupancy, $115.00 for single. Can accommodate a twin roll-away for third person, plus $20.00.
The Grizzly Room
Elegantly decorated in warm colors (burgundy and peach) with king size bed, private in-room bath with shower. Antique settee and wardrobe, Eskimo dolls, butterflies and grizzly bears. We can also accommodation a small child with a twin roll-away, plus $20.00. $125.00
The Denali Room
The Denali Room, on the main floor, is the perfect accommodation for a couple, two couples or a family. It has a queen size bed with Temper-Pedic top. An antique Murphy bed and love seat twin sleeper couch with double thick mattress are in the sitting area. The two sleeping areas are separated by a Chinese folding screen which can be extended the entire width of the room. The full private bathroom has a two person Jacuzzi tub and separate shower. The bathing/dressing area can be closed for privacy with a sliding door. The Denali room can accommodate a family with 3 – 4 children or 4 adults in separate beds. $140.00 double occupancy. Extra beds are $20 for each additional person over 2 years old.