RIP To Parker Schnabel’s Grandfather

Mine 3 Big Nugget. Parker and John Schnabel.
Mine 3 Big Nugget. Parker and John Schnabel.

Sad news today, as Gold Rush star Parker Schnabel’s beloved grandfather, John, has passed away.

From People:

“We couldn’t have asked for a better father, grandfather and overall family man,” the Schnabel family tells PEOPLE in an exclusive statement. “He was a true legend and we appreciate all of your love and support as we celebrate his wonderful life.”

Condolences to the Schnabel family.

Click here for our previous interview with Parker, who spoke fondly of his grandpa.

Much heart felt condolences. Your grandfather was the best man ever. I looked forward each week hoping to see him. He will be greatly missed. Hurts my heart. Sending lots of love and prayers.

• I will miss John he was my Grandpa for six years I have watched and loved him from day one . You are in my prayers always. My grandma is 94 and lives in Anchorage and I am her best friend. So Parker I truly understand your lost. He was a great man and mentors.

• Husband and I are so sorry to hear this. He was precious. Very smart. I wish I could have known him. Prayers for all.

• Parker so sorry to here about your grap I know how u too were so close. And how much he loved and was proud of u you could see it on his face every time we saw him. I lost my grandpa also 12-12 15 . there not a day I don’t miss and think of him. I just remember the good times we shared and his face and it makes me smile. I’m sorry parker just remember he’s always with u in spirits. Rest in peace grandpa john

• RIP Grandpa John! Will miss you so much. So sorry for your loss, Parker and to your family. Don’t forget everything he told you. Such a positive and very wise man!!!

• I looked forward to seeing grandpa John on the show I watched every week . He will be missed greatly. Be strong parker and remember everything he has taught u he was a wise man. Til we meet in heaven ur biggest fan Douglas Johnson Spokane Washington

• So very sorry for your loss. When I watched your show tonight and saw where Grandpa passed away, my heart just fell. Try to always remember the good advice he gave you and just know that you could see it on his face how very proud he was of you and your success. I will miss seeing Grandpa John but am glad that I still have the episode about him recorded so I can go back and watch it again.